Proper prenatal care will ensure that you optimize your chances of having a healthy baby. It is also very important to start taking a prenatal vitamin right away. You've chosen one made without artificial dyes and with the recommended amount of folic acid. Folic acid is very important for pregnant women as it helps to minimize their baby's risk for developing a heart murmur or spinal bifida. Pregnancy constipation can be stubborn and seriously uncomfortable. Stool softeners, such the one in Obtrex, moisten the stool and make it easier to pass.
Prenatal vitamins typically contain more folic acid and iron than do standard adult multivitamins.Here's why:
Quatrefolic® - The Advanced, 4th Generation Folate Structurally equivalent to the active form of folic acid, Quatrefolic is an enhanced 4th generation folate.
Quatrefolic Key Benefits:
• Bypasses MTHFR polymorphism, a genetic disposition that occurs in patients who lack the enzyme necessary to fully metabolize folic acid into its active form
• Superior to folic acid in reducing the estimated risk of NTDs
• Increases hemoglobin levels better than folic acid
• Reduces homocysteine levels better than folic acid
• Recognized GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe), an FDA designation of safety
Standard prenatal vitamins don't include omega-3 fatty acids, which might help promote a baby's brain development. If you're unable or choose not to eat fish or other foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, your health care provider might recommend omega-3 fatty acid supplements in addition to prenatal vitamins.
Obtrex One is a premium prenatal vitamin formulated to help reduce some of the unpleasant side effects associated with pregnancy and prenatal vitamin supplementation, while providing the latest in prenatal nutrition.
• 100% Quatrefolic® as the source of folic acid
• Iron Blend, which includes patented, Ferrochel®
• Plant based DHA - non-fish
• Small size – easier to swallow less gag reflex
• Stool Softener – helps prevent constipation
• Enteric coating – no taste, smell or burp back
• Vitamin B-6 – can reduce incidence of nausea
Most prenatals only contain 60% Quatrefolic, if any at all.
One softgel daily; before, during and after pregnancy, with or without food, or as directed by a physician.
Amount per Serving % Daily value
Ingredients: Bovine Gelatin, Glycerin, Soy Lecithin, Purified Water, White Beeswax, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red #40 and FD&C Blue#1.
Rating : bgbgbgbgbg (5/5) “”
I would recommend this product to a friend
Has Purchased - 1 Obtrex One in the past 10 months
1 Total bg bg bg bg bg
5 Star (1)bg
4 Star (0)bg
3 Star (0)bg
2 Star (0)bg
1 Star (0)bg